Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh Boy


When I saw this paper at JoAnn's, the denim just screamed "Little Boy." Since I had decided to do an ongoing scrapbook for my cats, I knew I'd have to do a page devoted to my only "little" male cat at the time. (1 year later, alot has changed in my house pet-wise.) My "little" boy is now a 3 year old 14lb HUGE male cat. (With full claws.) And I adore him from tip to tail.

The journaling reads:

Kieran Tanner. I brought you home from Kitten Krazy in June 2005, and promptly locked you in the spare bedroom for 2 months. You were covered in Ringworm, poor baby. You hate closed doors now. You always have to know where I am. You're very much my little boy. I just call out "Kier-Kier!" and you come running. You're also a handful, clawing the couch, wrestling with Annie. It's why Daddy calls you "Orangie McBad." Just when I've about had it with you, you cuddle up against my face in bed, purring away, and all is forgiven. You are my baby boy, my Snickerdoodle. And I love you with all my heart.

I cropped and printed the 3 photos of Kieran from kittenhood to adult, on my PC with Microsoft Picture It! 2000. I have been to lazy, to date, to put in the effort to learn my new copy of Adobe Photoshop, which was intended to replace Picture It. Anyways, I happened to find these stitched denim letter stickers in a clearance bin at Hobby Lobby. The paw prints are from a cat themed sticker sheet. The rest, the writing and the "stitched" flower were done with a white scrapbooking gel pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment