Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gators with Capes


This page I love. Not just because I think it's a really good page. I scrap-lifted the design from the Scrapbooks Etc. Page Planner. And honestly, for a techy person who's trying to get in touch with their creative side, that is the BEST way to learn. If I'm learning something new, first thing I do is grab a book on the subject.

No, the biggest reason I love the layout is because of the inside joke between hubby and I, and because I ADORE Fantasia. Favorite Disney movie of ALL TIME. I made hubby watch it before we went on our honeymoon, to prepare us for Disney-Fication. This photo was also taken our very first day at Disney, the day after our wedding. Oh how I want to go back!

Supplies...ugh. I'm telling you, when I post old ones, I just don't know. Other than, of course, that the paper is DCWV, because that's what I have the most of. I choose the solid lime green paper, to echo the color of my shirt in the photo. The blue water paper was to bring out the blue in the gators, as well as play into the fact that these were part of the swimming pool decorations. The jewelled flower is from Stickabilities, I think. I placed that there, to balance out the title and journaling at the opposite corner. Journaling reads:

My favorite Disney movie is FANTASIA, which was the theme for the hotel pool. The walkway to the pool had these adorable statues of Fantasia's characters. The funny thing, was just weeks before, Dave and I thought we should create a World of Warcraft guild called "Gators with Capes"!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great layout. You're making me wish we were at DW :)

    ReplyDelete