Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Honeymoon Album Update

Do you know, I've only finished one scrapbooking project in the year and a half that I've been scrapbooking? That successful project completion was my sister's wedding album. The reason that one was finished, is because I had set a deadline for myself. It was her Christmas present in 2007.

In general, though, I like scrapbooking without a deadline. My whole workday is filled with deadlines. Scrapbooking is my release. It's supposed to be fun. Therefore, no DEADLINES.

So the biggest project I have going on right now, is my Honeymoon album. We honeymooned in Walt Disney World Resort from May 11th - May 17th 2008. I LOVE Disney World. It was my 6th or 7the trip there, lifetime. But it was my hubby's first trip. He was a Disney fan in general before. Now he's totally hooked on the resort. We can't wait to plan our next trip there.

Since it was our honeymoon, we were able to participate in the brand new Disney Honeymoon registry. That was so cool, because we registered for items and experiences within the resort. Our wedding guests were able to purchase increments of these items. Then we just redeemed everything while we were there. It was like having $800 of trip spending money. At DISNEY. One of the souveniers we brought home, was the empty scrapbook album. I didn't want to shell out the money for their paper and embellishments, if I knew I could get ones I liked better at home. But the album, with its Cinderella's Castle medalion, was to good to pass up.


Another pro-scrapbooking perk of staying at Disney that we utilized was the Disney Photopass. The way this works, is Disney Photopass photographers were stationed throughout the parks. You have them take your picture in front of various Disney landmarks, and they scan a card you're given, to log all the digital pictures to one online account. At the end of our trip, we were able to purchase a CD of all the pictures we had taken. That worked ot SO well, because Hubby and I are both extremely shy about asking others to take our picture. This was so easy, we were able to walk away with 24 photos of the 2 of us from all over the resort.

I am approximately 2 pages away from being completed. But I am stuck. While at Disney, I was stalking Snow White, to have our picture taken with her. (Hubby humored me.) I envisioned this fabulous scrapbook page containing 2 pictures: one of Hubby and I with Snow White on our Honeymoon, the other of me with Snow White at age 4. I know the age 4 photo exists, as a slide. I am currently after my dad to locate that slide and digitize it for me. (He has the gadget to digitize his slides.) To date, he hasn't located the picture yet. But I have faith!

I'll post pictures from this scrapbook in my periodic layout posts as time progresses. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment