Monday, January 26, 2009

Feline Interference


Ever tried to scrapbook with kittens around? We have 2 kittens who moved in with us in November. Elly, the black kitty, loves paper. And I mean LOVES paper. I caught her walking off with sales receipts a week or 2 after moving in, and I thought...uh oh. This is NOT good.

Sure enough, I was in trouble. Last night was the first time I had settled in to really scrapbook in almost 3 months. Elly not only tried to steal every bit of paper from my trimmer, but she also climbed all over my entire workspace. I had to remove her to trim paper. Then I had to remove her to glue. Remove her to tape. Remove her to piece paper. Remove her to journal. Remove her because I turned away to dig in my sticker stash and she climbed over everything to get into my rolling scrapbook case!!

Oi! But the best...I had put tape on the back of a ribbon to place on my page. Cats + ribbons = Disaster. And I knew this. Still...I'm carefully trying to line up the ribbon into juuuuust the right spot...when WHAM! Elly's paw smacked it down right in the middle of my page! So now...I should put on the page layout "Design by Elune P. Cat."

4 comments:

  1. That picture is awesome.

    So...hi? It's been a long time (grad school pretty much swallowed me up whole)? I'm on Facebook with Carolle, and she mentioned that you got married, so I Googled you (is this creepy enough yet?) and landed on your blog (from another scrapbooking site). Very cool!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Scrapbooking with Elly" has a nice ring to it :) I'm sure scrapbooking takes on a whole new meaning with a playful, paper-loving kitten around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun kitty, to share your hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny - I have a ragdoll who likes to "help" me do everything. He got the nickname printer kitty when he destroyed not one but 2 printers somehow pulling out springs in both of them lol... cats keep you on your toes don't they

    ReplyDelete