Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lacking Motivation

Does it count as crafter's block if I just don't have the motivation to go upstairs and do it? I think it does. I'm just pooped. It's been a super busy week, and my mojo has been sapped.

Most evenings this week have been go-go-go. Or at least, they've seemed like it. Monday was the one day we stayed home. Tuesday I had Weight Watchers, after which I raced home, exercised, had dinner, and got into my jammies to watch Paperclipping Live. (www.paperclipping.com) But did I get to watch the online scrapbooking show in peace? Noooo. Bugsy couldn't understand why he had to share my laptop with the laptop. So I sat up more and gave him room to lay on the couch next to me. That worked, until Joey decided HE was going to lay there. Cats. Oi. So I got the dog onto the other side of me, where he laid until his butt gland released all over the afghan. BLAH. So I put everything on the floor and changed over the laundry so I could wash the afghan.

Wednesday we had to make the 45min trek up to have dinner with the inlaws. Hubby's uncle was visiting, and Hubby's dad had free tickets for us to see the Cleveland International Auto Show. So we had to go get those. My MIL, whom is a pretty good cook, and regularly kills my weight watchers diet...bought pizza. Well, actually, she informed us that since it was Ash Wednesday and they couldn't eat meat, they were getting a cheese pizza, a veggie pizza, and cheesey bread. Now, any of you who know me, know I think that whole "can't eat meat" religious thing is S.T.U.P.I.D. But whatever. They're Catholic, I'm not, so it's their thing. And they didn't put me in a position to say "sorry...I don't like/eat fish." (Hubby doesn't either.) I actually enjoy veggie pizza. Or rather, I actually enjoyed TOO MUCH veggie pizza. ;)

So on Thursday then, we had to go out and buy a laptop case for the new laptop. Neither of us had thought to get one when we bought the laptop last Sunday. So off we went. Cases for 17in laptops are fairly scarce, it turns out. Target had none. We had to shell out $55 at Staples for one that didn't remind me of a work briefcase.

Friday....Friday we went to the Cleveland Auto Show. It was dealer employee night, the night before it opens to the general public. How my FIL gets tickets to this, I don't know. But was free. We spent several hours at that. (I want a new Honda CR-V. I love the one I have. Now I want a new one.) After treking around the auto show, we went home, and I had to spend the night dog-sitting at my parents house. Actually, I'm spending the WEEKEND dog-sitting. But during the day I'm just going over every 3 hours or so to let them out.

So I have no time. No energy. I slept on a couch last night with chinese crested dogs piling on me. My back hurts. And I have cleaning to do. THAT would be my crafter's block. Right this very second, I'd rather sit and aimlessly kill computer monsters than try to figure out how to place colored paper and stickers to enhance my photos.

Sometimes....real life just takes out the creativity, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment