Monday, February 16, 2009

Missed Photographic Opportunities

Sometimes I could just kick myself. I know an event is coming up that will give me the perfect opportunity to take a ton of pictures. And I expect that at least some of these pictures will make an excellent blog. What happens? I choke.

This past weekend was the annual Ice Festival in town. I have always thought it was so cool that they had an ice festival with ice sculpting competitions in the center of town. You wouldn't believe the beautiful works of art these artists can create with a block of ice, a power saw, and some various chisels and what not. And it's all beautiful ice.

I was actually surprised by the arrival of the festival this year. Usually there are signs posted long before the festival, announcing the dates. This year, the first inkling I had the festival was here, was when I drove through the center of town on Saturday morning, and saw them setting up for it. No matter, I figured we could factor it into our weekend plans. I mentioned it to the husband, and we were set to go.

Friday was too busy after work. Saturday was Valentine's Day. We headed out for our afternoon activities. I had considered stopping by on our way home, but didn't for two reasons. First, there was a ton of traffic around the center of town, due to the festival. Second, I had forgotten my camera anyways. So we headed home.

Then Sunday...we forgot. COMPLETELY forgot. I didn't even remember the festival was going on until I drove through town on my way to work this morning. OOPS!

Sigh. I have missed the festival for the past few years, either by forgetting, or by the weather being so crappy that I'd just rather not venture out. But this time I'm so annoyed. I wanted to scrapbook it! Now I can't! Grrr. You wouldn't BELIEVE how many times I've done something like this in the past. So now...I'm kicking myself. I really have to be a bit better at the picture taking.

1 comment:

  1. ok, i stumbled upon your blog and I have to ask, are you a 1992 graduate of Medina? And did you have Ms. Swearinger (now Mrs. Brown) for first grade? and I could go on if you would like me too!

    ReplyDelete