Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sail On Silver Girl

I managed to get a little scrapbooking done on my craft night this week. One of the websites I frequent, has a monthly challenge. You're supposed to pick one or more of the topics discussed on the site in the past month, and utilize them in your scrapbook page. So this was my submission:

The topic from the challenge that I choose to cover, is a page inspired by song lyrics. "Sail on Silver girl" is the first line of the third chorus of "Bridge over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel. It was the song that went through my head alot after Chalimar died. She was a grey tortishell, or what they call a blue-cream tortie. So she was very silver in color, with lots of pale orange splotches in her fur. When I saw I could use song lyrics, I knew I had to do a page about Chalimar's death.

The supplies: The black cardstock is from DCWV. The red heart paper is from The Paper Studio. The silver letters are from Colorbok. And the large flower rubon was by Heidi Swapp.

The journaling reads:

"My Dearest Chalimar, I asked you not to leave me. After loosing Annie in October, I couldn't bare it. December 2, 2008 you broke free of this existence. Not a whisper of illness and then boom! CANCER. You left this world on your own terms, and I didn't get to say goodbye. I truly believe you went beacuse our Annie needed you more than I did. But I will miss you and will forever feel cheated. 10 years was not enough time. But sail on, my baby. Your time has come to shine."

2 comments:

  1. That is really pretty, I like that. I am not a scrapbooker. But I really like that. Wish I had that talent! I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to Chal!

    ReplyDelete