Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finding Subjects - Or, Where Have I Been

This past week and a half has been a flurry of Birthday celebrations. The Hubby had a Birthday. My mom had a Birthday. There was shopping, wrapping, cake buying, dinners, family get togethers...and little time for much else.

So that's where I've been pretty much. I did manage to get some scrapbooking in. I finished a cute layout with photos of my sister and I when we were preschool-age. I did a funky little psuedo-quilt out of paper and rub-ons. It came out well, but I haven't had time to photograph it to share with you! I'm hoping to get that done this week.

I also started work on a layout about hubby and our World of Warcraft gaming lifestyle. The plan is to submit that to the monthly challenge over on Paperclipping.com. But we'll have to see if I can get it done on Wednesday night.

I spent all afternoon yesterday at a baby shower. That's where the "finding subjects" comes from. You know, I had one of the coolest bridal showers ever back in April 2008. But we were all so busy with the party, that no one ended up taking many pictures of the decorations, snacks, people, etc. So I don't have a whole lot to scrapbook from the event. So yesterday, when I got to my friend's baby shower, and knowing my friend is a big scrapbooker....I snuck around taking all sorts of pics. I snapped photos of the cute decorations, the brightly wrapped packages, the cake, even the flowers that her hubby sent her. And then at gift time, I positioned myself opposite her, so I could take all kinds of pictures. I wanted to get her alot of pics to work with.

Well, when it was all over....I had 100 pictures. 100 PICTURES! Holy Shnikes! It was good because most people were taking pictures of her opening just their gift. I got them all...as well as candids of people talking and laughing. But the down side, is that I have to pull them all off my camera and burn them to a CD. That's going to take awhile. Oi. But I know she'll appreciate it.

So that all said....if I don't post much this week, you'll know I'm sitting her downloading, editing, and saving pictures for her CD.

1 comment:

  1. I really should have invited someone to be group photographer. That would have been a good thing for my sister to do. Sorry! I wish I had more pics of it. Sniffle.

    ReplyDelete