Monday, April 6, 2009

Helping a Fellow Scrapbooker

I haven't done a whole lot of scrapbooking in the last week or so. I finally started on the Birthday minibook, which will list all the birthdays for Hubby's family. But I've only done the cover. That's because I spent some of my scrapbook time mesing around on the computer. (Read: Procrastination) And why is that? Because I am anal and have to start my projects at the beginning. That means the cover. The cover...was chipboard. And to glue paper onto chipboard, I had to use Zipdry, an adhesive I've never used before. I hate weird glues. It worked, the cover is great, but I'd rather post a little more than the cover. So we'll see how far I get this week.

Anyways. So since I wasn't scrapbooking for myself, I thought I'd help enable a friend to scrapbook. My friend B, who is one of the people who got me into scrapbooking, is having a baby. She had a baby shower a few weeks ago, and I got to go. It was alot of fun, but...I didn't know anyone there except her. And there were ALOT of people there. Not one of my favorite positions to be in.

What did I do? Well, I occupied myself with taking pictures. I took pictures of EVERYTHING. Decorations, gifts, games, food. When it came time for the opening of the massive amount of gifts, I positioned myself opposite B, and I snapped away. They're not the best photos. But then, sometimes the photos that best tell the story aren't the best photos on their own.

When all was said and done, I had 100 photos. 100! I couldn't believe I took that many photos. And then I was faced with downloading them from my camera and burning them to a CD. I'm a programmer, so I'm not technically challenged. BUT, I've never actually sat down and taken the time to learn how to use my copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements. I was able to do some of that. I didn't make a fancy slide show for her, since the objective was to get her photos on a CD for future scrapbooking purposes. But I did see some of the possibilities. Now my mind is swirling with my own future photo projects.

It's fun to work on our own scrapbook projects. But sometimes it's even more fun to enable a friend to work on their own scrapbooking projects. And the more friends I find who scrapbook...the better!

1 comment:

  1. I hate being the odd person at parties, too. It sucks to feel like the outsider.

    ReplyDelete