Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Four Generations

I did the above photo tonight. My grandma passed away last week. I was tasked with going through albums and gathering photos of her for the funeral home. They made them into a photo collage DVD that was played during the calling hours. So while selecting and scanning, I came across this photo that I'd never seen before. My grandpa apparently took it.

This picture struck me for 2 reasons: First, I knew my great-grandma had died when I was about a year old, but I'd never seen a picture of her and I together before. (I am the baby, in case you couldn't tell.) Second, great-grandma was suffering from Alzheimers at the time. My grandma had Dimentia when she passed, with is a skip frmo Alzheimers. And honestly...a couple weeks ago, when someone at her nursing home asked her how old she was and she said "23"....she might have already crossed that line into Alzheimers. (she was in her late 80s.)

I thought printing out this picture and scrapbooking it would be a fitting tribute. And since the photo is circa 1970s, I was going with all 70s kitch mod colors. Or trying to, at least. I remember that teal being on alot of vinyl chairs when I was a kid.

So. Supplies. Yeah. Ok, the cardstock is DCWV. The alphas are from Sotheby's. The metal embelly is from Making Memories, as is the epoxy button by the title. The flowered paper was a new paper pack from a company I've not used before, and thus can't remember the name. (Seriously, I should take notes.) The remaining scrap strips and the ribbon were scrap donations from an online scrap swap I participated in. Consequently, I have no idea who made those.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom looks so young!!! And of course you do too, but you were a baby so no surprise there. It's awesome that you have this photo & the layout is super-cute. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete